URGENT UPDATE FOR MacOS USERS!
Mac OS Cataline and onward do not support Webinato Screen Sharing application any longer.
Due to system incompatibilities with 32-bit applications, Webinato cannot support using screen sharing with Mac OS Catalina (10.15.x). If you use Webinato Screen Sharing for Mac on a regular basis, it is recommended that you do not upgrade to Catalina/Big Sur. If you have already updated, you will need to either downgrade to macOS 10.14 or lower or run the older OS on a virtual machine to use Screen Sharing. There won't be a fix for this we regret to inform you.
You can contact support via a Support Request or Live Chat for more information. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Some common problems with the Webinato Screen Sharing application or the Screen Sharing module may be remedied with the steps listed here.
Also, if you experience any display errors while viewing Screen Sharing either in a live room environment or in a recorded AutpPilot, please read below for troubleshooting steps to help resolve the problem for future webinars.
Recent Known Issues
If you are constantly getting the following error when you try to share the screen, please read these instructions immediately!
Common Troubleshooting Steps and Best Practises
- Log out of the room and exit the Webinato application.
- Uninstall the application.
- Reboot your computer and reinstall the Webinato Screen Sharing software. Download the installation file
- for MAC
- for PC
Alternatively, you can use an in-room link to re-download and reinstall the Webinato Screen Sharing Application, please click HERE for more information.
NOTE: If you recently updated your computer's operating system, graphics card drivers or other core computer components, it is highly advised for you to reinstall the Screen Sharing application for optimal results. Changes to core components can greatly affect the performance of the Screen Sharing engine, and a reinstall is necessary for the application to see these core changes properly.
- Make sure the screen share application is up to date.
- Make sure the Webinato application is up to date.
- Adjust your firewall and/or antivirus to allow the application to run and access the Internet. The location for Windows is C:\Program Files (x86)\omNovia\Projector
- If asked to install and launch or just launch, click the launch button as the application was already installed in a previous step.
- If the image is distorted or looks wrong, in the settings and options (the wheel/cog icon to the right of the Start Screen Sharing Button) you can try selecting or deselecting the Use Image Driver option. Remember to save the changed settings.
- When using multiple monitors, ensure the monitors are in the correct order.
- It may take over a minute for the image to initially appear inside the room. Wait two minutes for the image to appear.
- Tight Encoding: This is a new option we provide to optimize and minimize bandwidth concerns. Viewers using lower bandwidth connections get the benefit of this option. Please click here to see how to enable/disable and use/turn off this function. If you encounter any of the following issues, stop and close the screen sharing completely. Then disable the tight encoding and save the settings. Restart the screen sharing.
Some Important Remarks
- Screen Share application does not connect or start the sharing suddenly (If this affects multiple organizers/presenters)
- If some users are seeing a White screen in the shared area but not the actual image you could try disabling tight encoding
Sometimes the audience may see discoloration with the shared images. In other words, the color is distorted. The problem occurs when the Windows update occurs and most of the time when it installs graphics drivers. To fix the problem,
- Remove the screen sharing application (full removal)
Please go through this article that walks you through step by step
We were able to identify application installation failures and run-time failures during the following scenarios.
- If you are running multiple rooms on your computer, you can only use Screen Sharing in one room at a time! Screen Sharing from one Screen Sharing application to multiple rooms is not supported!
- The application requires C: volume (partition) to create the driver folder. This is a must!
- The application will fail if, Program files or Program files (x86) - (if the machine runs 64 bit Windows, 32-bit programs are installed in Program File (x86) folder) - folder exists on volumes other than C: . The application will not launch in this instance and you may see a spinning circle in the application launchpad. If you try to launch from the directory, it will still fail. In the Windows error log (under the Application category), you may see an error similar to 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException'.
- .Net Framework is required (at least 1.1). On Windows 8 and onward, you will be required to install a Windows feature -.Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0).
- If any installed component is missing, you will see DotNet-related errors (in the debugger window). Please verify if all the components are properly installed and available in either C:\Program Files\omNovia\Projector (Systems running 32 bit Windows) or in C:\Program Files (x86)\omNovia\Projector (systems running 64 bit Windows).
- If you are still getting application launch errors, please run Windows Update and make sure you have all current Security Updates installed. A missing Security Update could cause the projector to become stuck at connecting and to not function properly.