This article will help you set up your microphone, which will allow you to broadcast live audio to your attendees.
If you need help activating your microphone in your webinar room, click HERE.
Operating System Settings
In order to use a microphone in your webinar room, you must first make sure it works properly in your Operating System (Windows or Mac). To do this:
Right click the Speaker icon located in the Notification Area of the Taskbar (in the lower right of your screen), and select Recording Devices from the popup menu
- In the resulting window, find the microphone you wish to use in the list, and make sure it is Enabled as the Default Device (You will see a green check mark next to the icon).
Also, try speaking into the mic and make sure the green level indicator to the right of the microphone information goes up and down.
- Click OK
- Open your System Preferences application, and click the Sound Control Panel item. You can also click the Speaker icon in the Menu Bar and select the Sound Preferences... menu item.
- Click the Input Tab
- Select the microphone you wish to use in the list, and adjust the levels slider and observer the activity meter to make sure you are sending a strong signal.
- You can now close the Control Panel
- You may see a few security confirmation boxes when setting up your microphone.
Allowing Microphone/Webcam Access in Google Chrome
Allowing Microphone/Webcam Access in Mozilla Firefox (Coming Soon)
Please note that both the web browser and the flash plugin will need access to your microphone/webcam. Please click through the confirmation boxes as directed to allow access.
In the Microphone Setup Window, The Default option will always be selected initially. In order to make sure you are using the correct device, select the same microphone you set up above from the pull down list.
- Once you select the correct microphone, try speaking into it. You should not only see the Activity Meter move around, but you should also hear your audio feed back through your main computer speakers so you can verify that your audio levels are acceptable.
- Once you verify that the microphone is working properly, click the OK button to finish the setup process. Your microphone will not broadcast to your room until you hit OK.