Webinato's Event Manager is a powerful yet easy-to-understand tool that allows account administrators to create one-time events or recurring events (daily, weekly, bi-weekly). Whether you have a guest speaker come in for a one time conference or hold a weekly class in your room, the Event Manager will assist you in organizing and notifying your attendees and help them access your content at the right place and at the right time.
QUICK ACCESS LINKS
Please click a section name below to go directly to that section:
General Info ( * indicates setting is mandatory)
- Event Name*: Here you can provide a name for the event. This will appear to all the event registrants.
- Short Description*: You can add a short description here.
- Description: This is the main description page that your attendees will see when they register for the event. This is the field where you want to outline your event details, so be as descriptive as possible.
- Presenter's Name: You can list the name of your special guest presenters to let attendees know who will be speaking.
- Use this room*: If you have multiple rooms, you may choose the specific room you want to utilize for the event. Select the appropriate room from the drop-down menu.
- Category: If you have created categories using the general Settings area, you may choose a specific category from the drop-down menu. This helps you add the event to a specific category.
- Graphic: You can upload an image (maximum size 400 x 400 pixels) to be associated with your event. This will show up on the user registration page.
Recurrence: You can define events as one-time events or recurring events. If you choose to have a Recurring Event:
- Start Date: Event start date.
- Next Occurrence: This field is only available for recurring events and displays the next occurrence (date).
- End Date: Last occurrence (date).
- Event Date*: Date that your event will occur.
- Event Time: The time the event will start. There can be multiple time fields if the event is held more than once per day.
- Event Time Zone: This denotes your local time zone that the moderator has previously set. If your room is set to a specific time zone, it is better to select the same time-zone here.
- Estimated Duration: Estimated duration of the event. Duration can be 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10 hours or more (the maximum is 21 hours). This is only an estimated time and does not have any bearing on actual event length.
- Allow attendees to enter: You can allow your attendees to enter the room 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, or 120 minutes before the event begins.
- Disallow attendees to enter: You can disallow your attendees to enter the room from 10 minutes to 15 hours after the event begins. If you do not want to restrict, select No Restriction (this setting is actually 10080 minutes, or 7 days).
- Login Password: Create an event specific password which your registrants will need in order to enter the event. Or, keep the event field blank and require no password to enter the event.
- Registration: Specify whether you require registration for this event or not.
Note: Notify me by email every time someone registers, if selected, event manager will send an email to the event creator when someone registers.
- Allow: You can specify whether you want to allow anybody to register or only users that are listed in your email list.
Note: there is a check box for Members Only which allows users that are listed in your members list to register for the event. Select this option to allow members who sign in to your website (members area) to be able to register. If you select this, it will prevent people from registering through the omNovia event registration page/webcast page/direct registration link. For most events this MUST remain unchecked.
- Select a question type: You can specify specific question(s) that you want answered before the users log into the room. These questions are mainly used for your logistical needs, and the answers will show in your downloaded Registration Report..
- Customize your Invitation, Registration, Reminder 1, Reminder 2, and Follow up emails.
NOTE: You MUST save the event in order to generate the emails. If not, the message: THE EVENT HAS NOT YET BEEN CREATED. PLEASE SAVE THE EVENT BELOW TO GENERATE THE SAMPLE INVITE will be displayed in the body of the 'Sample Invitation Email'.
After Saving Event:
- You can save different Templates for commonly used emails by editing the email text (in Text Only and HTML formats, if desired), and click the + button to enter a Template Name. After your enter a name, click the Save button to save your Template for later use.
- YouTube video after registration: You can enter a YouTube movie URL to play at the end of the event registration.
Note: To test the movie, click the Test Movie button (see the image below). If you select the Start movie automatically option, the movie will be played automatically (this configuration applies to the Test Movie option as well) after the registration process.
- Registration Price: You can set a price to charge your participants for registration. Members Only price will only be utilized if you have payment processing enabled for your account. Please contact sales for more information on this.
- Show login info: Login information is shown upon registration in addition to being sent by email. Deselect this option if login information should only be sent by email.
- Run AutoPilot: You may schedule a Recast (recorded session) with this option. The selected recast will be played automatically. If you select this option, another set of options is displayed. Those are,
- Available Recordings: Select the available recasts from the drop-down menu (you must have at least one recast recorded).
- Start AutoPilot after: Recast will be started n minutes after the event start. n = 0, 5, 10, 15 minutes.
- Run AutoPilot with user: A robot moderator will access the room and play the recast. Specify a first name and last name for the robot.
- Announcement: Insert a custom Announcement here.
- The Summary page displays current/saved event configuration details and access links. You must save the event in order to generate the links.
- Direct Registration Link: Displays the content and registration form for this event only.
- General Registration Link: List of all published events.
- All Webcast Links: Displays upcoming event registrations and recast lists.
- Event Login Link: Direct link to the actual login page, received and used by all registrants.
- View event specific reports to see registrants and participants. You can also export this list into a convenient Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the records.
- For recurring events, multiple event reports are displayed. To show a specific report, select (tick) the checkbox to the right ('Select' field). Multiple reports can be aggregated by selecting multiple or all occurrences. Click Show reports for selected events to see the web based reports.
- To download Excel report sheets, select one or more events and click Export Selected to Microsoft Excel.
- From this tab, you can also use a CSV file to register in bulk. For more information, click HERE.
- If you need to re-send a Registration Confirmation Email to a registrant who has lost or misplaced it, you can do so by clicking the Envelope Icon to the left of the registrant's name.
- You can delete a registrant by clicking the X Icon to the left of a registrant's name. Deleting a registrant will make their event link inoperable, and it will not give access to your event.
- Registration Header 1: This message will appear at the top of the event registration from.
- Registration Header 2: This message will appear below the first header.
- Registration Footer: Message will appeared at the bottom of the registration page. You may place text such as Disclaimers or Copyright information.
The above text will only show on your Direct Registration pages for your events. To edit the header/footer text on you /register and /webcast pages, please click the Modify Organization Settings link from your Admin Page.
- Categories: You can Create/Edit/Delete categories which will be used to categorize events.
- Number of days to display: Future events will appear in the registration for for n number of days. The default setting is 60 days.
- Activate event after creation: Automatic activation for newly created events. After you click the Save button, event manager activates the event immediately.
- Enable Tell a Friend: A registrant has the ability to generate an invitation to the event via an email or through social media sites.
- Registration Notification URL: Click here or more information.
- Payment Options for Events: Enables credit card processing during registrations. Please contact sales to enable this feature.
- Marketo Integration: Allows you to use Webinato's native integration with Marketo CRM software. Please click here for more information.